The Adult Mental Health First One Day course qualifies you as a MHFA Champion
This course has been developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England). It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress.
This empowers both individuals and communities to understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and how best to support themselves and those around them in recovery. It will help reduce stigma and discrimination around mental health..
Every Mental Health First Aid course is delivered by Mental Health First Aid Instructors who are registered by MHFA England to deliver the accredited courses. Only certificated MHFA Instructors can teach these courses.
The course is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
About MHFA Course
The course is split in two manageable sessions each approximately three hours long. It is normally taught over one day, but can be spread over two half days. So instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learning, the course is limited to 16 delegates.
Learners will be required to participate mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. Everyone who completes the course will get a MHFA manual, workbook and a certificate of attendance to say you are a MHFA Champion.
• About Mental Health First Aid
• About mental health and stress in the workplace
• Stigma and discrimination
• Anxiety disorders
• Other mental health issues
• Early warning signs of mental ill health
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other supports
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
This is a one day courses split into two four hour sessions.
Although normally taught over one days it can be spread over two half days to suit clients.
Certificate of attendance will be issued by Mental First Aid (MHFA England) to all learners that have demonstrated that learning has taken place throughout the session and course outcomes have been met.
Open Course £150 per person
Group ‘in house’ up to 16 delegates please call
Reduced prices for block booking and charities
Why choose Edu-c8 for your Mental Health First Aid Training?
All MHFA delegates trained by Edu-c8 will be invited to join from our free members only hub with exclusive online support and resources. We believe that supporting MHFAiders in supporting others is key to help achieve an effective and sustainable impact in mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.