Mental Health First Aid - Bedford
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Adult Two Day
Box End Park, Box End Rd, Bedford, Bedfordshire MK43 8RQ
This two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
This course has been developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England). It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress.
This empowers both individuals and communities to understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and how best to support themselves and those around them in recovery. It will help reduce stigma and discrimination around mental health.
This Mental Health First Aid course is delivered by a Mental Health First Aid Instructors who are registered by MHFA England to deliver the accredited courses. The course is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
About MHFA Course
The course is split in four manageable sessions each approximately three hours long. So instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn the course is limited to 16 delegates.
Learners will be required to participate mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. Everyone who completes the course will get a MHFA manual, workbook and a certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues
• Stigma and discrimination
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression
• Depression in the workplace
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid for suicide crises
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• First aid for depression
• Treatment and resources for depression
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Cognitive disorders and CBT
• Personality disorders
• Eating disorders
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• Action planning for using MHFA
The course is being held at the stunning lakeside setting of Box End Park, Box End Rd, Bedford, Bedfordshire MK43 8RQ.
Lunch will be provided and there will also be light refreshments during the day.
There is plenty of free parking.
How much will it cost?
The MHFA Two Day course takes place over two consecutive full days at a cost of £240 per person
How to Book
To book please email or phone your requirements and we will send out conformation booking form for payment by BACs. If you wish to book online click the link below and pay through Eventbrite. If you require anymore information please call 0330 333 9244.
Online Mental Health First Aid Course Dates
15th & 17th July
20th & 23rd July
29th & 31st July
4th & 6th August
11th & 13th August
26th & 28th August
9th & 11th Sept
22nd & 24th Sept
What's the refund policy?
If the workshop is cancelled by Edu-c8 Inspired Training, you will be offered a place on a course on an alternative date. If a suitable alternative date cannot be arranged, your payment will be refunded in full.
In the event of a participant’s non-attendance or cancellation within 30 working days before the beginning of the course, the payment is non-refundable subject to our discretion.