Mental Health First Aid
Adult MHFA Two Day
The Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
This course has been developed by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England). It provides the skills, knowledge and understanding of first aid for mental health and how to effectively support those experiencing distress.
This empowers both individuals and communities to understand the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and how best to support themselves and those around them in recovery. It will help reduce stigma and discrimination around mental health.
Every Mental Health First Aid course is delivered by Mental Health First Aid Instructors who are registered by MHFA England to deliver the accredited courses. Only certificated MHFA Instructors can teach these courses.
The course is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Our public courses to become a Mental Health First Aider
We are taking bookings throughout 2020
Mental Health First Aid in-house training also available
About MHFA Course
The course is split in four manageable sessions each approximately three hours long. It is normally taught over two days, but can be spread over four half days. So instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn the course is limited to 16 delegates.
Learners will be required to participate mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. Everyone who completes the course will get a MHFA manual, workbook and a certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues
• Stigma and discrimination
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression
• Depression in the workplace
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid for suicide crises
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• First aid for depression
• Treatment and resources for depression
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Cognitive disorders and CBT
• Personality disorders
• Eating disorders
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• Action planning for using MHFA
This is a two day courses split into four three hour sessions.
Although normally taught over two days it can be spread over four half days to suit clients.
Certificate of attendance will be issued by Mental First Aid (MHFA England) to all learners that have demonstrated that learning has taken place throughout the session and course outcomes have been met.
Open Course £240 per person
Group ‘in house’ up to 16 delegates please call
Reduced prices for block booking and charities
Why chose Edu-c8 for your Mental Health First Aid Training?
All MHFA delegates trained by Edu-c8 will be invited to join from our free members only hub with exclusive online support and resources. We believe that supporting MHFAiders in supporting others is key to help achieve an effective and sustainable impact in mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.