Who is This Course For?
This course is intended to support learners to become familiar with the requirements and tools gain an understanding on ways of working using a person centred approach. This course will support staff develop strategies for collecting information on everyday tasks and events of the people they support. Learners will gain knowledge on how to communicate effectively, how to develop, implement, monitor and review a person centred plan.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Explain what person centred planning is and why we use a person centred approach
- Identify the 5 core principles that underpin person centred planning
- Understand the basic needs and human rights of individuals
- Gain knowledge of MAPS, PATHS and essential lifestyle plan
- Understand the importance of information gathering and where to obtain it
- Demonstrate an awareness and promote equality, diversity, dignity, respect and inclusion in practice
- Reflect and evaluate current ways of working
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
Certificate of attendance will be issued to all learners that have demonstrated that learning has taken place throughout the session and course outcomes have been met.
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client.
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 15