Who is This Course For?
This course has been developed to support learners to become familiar with the skills and knowledge required to carry out effective supervisions. And gain an understanding of the role and responsibilities of supervisory management to support staff teams meet organisational aims and objectives.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Define supervision and understand the different context of supervision
- understand the purpose of supervision
- Explain how requirements of legislation and agreed ways of working influence professional supervision.
- Understand how the principles of supervision can be used to inform performance management within the work place
- Understand the role of the supervisor
- Agree with the supervisee confidentiality, boundaries, roles and accountability within the supervision process
- Recognise what potential conflict can arise and how to approach them
- Analyse how supervision supports performance and how performance indicators can be used to measure practice
- Explain factors that can result in power imbalance
- Understand the importance of constructive feedback and effective communication
- Explain management theories and models of supervision
- Evaluate own practice when conducting supervision
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
Certificate of attendance will be issued to all learners that have demonstrated that learning has taken place throughout the session and course outcomes have been met.
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client.
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 15