Who is This Course For?
This course has been developed to support learners gain an understanding and awareness of Autism and associated conditions. It will enable learners to recognise the strengths and challenges that autistic people experience day to day.
This autistic spectrum conditions awareness course is aimed at staff, family and carers who support people with Autism in residential homes, supported living services, hospitals, community based settings, Educational settings, day care services, and individuals who are supported in their own homes.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand what Autism is and how it forms a part of the autistic spectrum disorder (ASC).
- Identify other associated conditions
- Understand the triad of impairment
- Describe possible behavioral characteristics and why they can be exhibited
- Understand how to contribute to the person centred support of an individual who have an autistic spectrum condition and recognise that each individual has their own individual needs, strengths, interests and preferences
- Understand how to communicate effectively with people who have an autistic spectrum condition
- Understand the Legislative requirements.
- Reflect and evaluate current practice
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
Certificate of attendance will be issued to all learners that have demonstrated that learning has taken place throughout the session and course outcomes have been met.
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client.
Maximum number of delegates per trainer is 15